When selecting a security partner, you need to know it has the quality people, processes and technologies necessary to protect your interests. At ISS, we meet all relevant accreditations and standards. So you can relax knowing you have chosen a proven provider that will secure every area of your organisation.
In 2006, ISS was one of the first organisations to meet the requirements of the SIA (Security Industry Authority) Approved Contractor Scheme. We have consistently retained our certification and enjoy a score of +168; that's within the top 5% of security companies in the UK.
ISS Security, trading as ISS Facility Services, currently holds SIA Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) status for the provision of Security Guarding and Public Space CCTV.
ISS Security is also a proud holder of the NSI Gold Award and accredited to the ISO standard BS EN ISO 9001:2008. This means we operate at the highest level and adhere rigorously to the key British Standards relevant to security, including:
• BS 7499:2013 – Static Site Guarding and Mobile Patrol Service.
• BS 7858:2012 – Security Screening of Individuals Employed in a Security Environment.
• BS7960:2005 – Door Supervisors.
• BS8406:2009 – Events Stewarding and Crowd Safety.
For our public sector customers, ISS Mediclean Limited, trading as ISS Facility Services, Healthcare, Education and Defence currently holds SIA Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) status for the provision of Security Guarding and Public Space CCTV.
Health and safety
Health and safety is a priority at ISS. That's why our policy forms the backbone of the safety strategy implemented in our contracts. We also integrate with our clients’ policies and procedures to produce a comprehensive health and safety regime for each site and the entire contract.
On every contract, we implement safe systems of work based on:
• a proactive approach to health and safety
• health and safety, management, measurement, and target setting
• full compliance with relevant health and safety legislation
• risk management – anticipation, prevention and control
• accident-reduction planning
• regular health and safety audits
• comprehensive induction and refresher training programme.
Environment - treading lightly together
We understand the importance of protecting the environment and incorporate this into our working processes. 'Treading lightly' means responding to customer requirements in a sustainable way; running an efficient business; and minimising environmental impacts through our operations and those of our suppliers.
Our environmental management system (EMS) helps us organise our environmental efforts. ISS Group's environmental policy statement forms the basis of our EMS.