Helping Hairmyres Hospital provide better care
Hairmyres Hospital is a district general hospital in East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. Since 2001, ISS has provided the hospital with an award-winning facilities management service that's helped raise patient wellbeing, reduce costs and improve efficiency/sustainability.
Delivering a comprehensive service
ISS delivers complete facility services for Hairmyres Hospital, with over 300 employees providing solutions including:
- Preventative Planned Maintenance
- Reactive Maintenance
- Lifecycle Management
- Asset Management
- Project Management
- Energy Management
- CAD (Computer Assisted Design) Services
- Grounds Maintenance
- Specialist Sub-Contractor Management.
Among our many innovative solutions, we have:
- Managed and installed 3 new voltage optimisation units to reduce power consumption. The project:
- Has reduced energy consumption by 1,096,000 kWh year
- Has achieved annual carbon savings of 589 tonnes a year
- Has delivered a return-on-investment in under 3 years
- Will generate £1.5 million savings at current rates over the next 20 years.
- Established a new waste-management process, which has proved hugely successful. The process diverts 6 tonnes of items for reuse every month - 72 tonnes a year. Based on landfill costs, this saves the hospital £12,000 a year. The process also saves 354 tonnes of CO2 a year.
Our work for Hairmyres Hospital has also secured the following awards:
- Bronze award for National Recycling
- KPMG award winner - best major hospital in operation
- KPMG finalist - best operational partnership (all sectors)
- Bronze award - Healthy Working Lives