Providing safe and clean environments for Siemens Mobility
Siemens Mobility provides a comprehensive support service for leading train operator, South West Trains. When Siemens required a partner to manage the contract's cleaning requirements, including maintaining its working environments within depots, the company called on ISS.
ISS undertake cleaning and aesthetic improvements of units for South West Trains. Our duties include cleaning at depots in Northam, Eastleigh and Strawberry Hill, and cleaning trains at the Northam depot:
• Northam: our work embraces around 25,000m² of external areas; 9,000m² of depots and workshop space across 3 buildings; and 2,000m² of office space over two floors. The team comprises six full-time and three part-time cleaners. An additional team of 22 full-time and three part-time cleaners typically clean trains at night.
• Eastleigh: one part-time cleaner works 16 hours per week, cleaning around 1,000m² of internal office and workshop space.
• Strawberry Hill: one part-time cleaner works 20 hours per week, cleaning 1,000m² of office and workshop space, and an additional 850m² of external space.
Before commencing the contract in 2008, Siemens staff performed cleaning duties. Our solutions have consistently maintained - and often improved on - Siemens' exceptionally high standards.
Since the contract began, we have:
• delivered additional services each year, including supplying consumables, and providing and maintaining machinery
• become proud recipients of Siemens' 'Supplier of the Year' award.