is one of the largest arts centres in the world, occupying a 21-acre site in
London's most vibrant cultural quarter. The Centre includes The Royal Festival Hall, Hayward’s Galley, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Purcell Room and the Saison Poetry Library and 21 acres for the creative arts.
Following a thorough tender process,
Southbank Centre selected ISS to provide engineering services throughout its site.
deliver a full range of mechanical, electrical and building fabric services,
• planned and
• building management systems
• fire alarms and suppression systems
• water treatment
• standby generators and uninterrupted power supplies
• low-voltage (LV) power distribution
• chiller and close-control units
• specialist lighting
• fabric maintenance, including 21 acres of paved public areas
• lighting controls
• floor moves
• small works and refurbishment
• grade-one listed fabric renovation
commencing the contract, we analysed visitor patterns, taking the time to
understand the building before suggesting new ways of working. This resulted in
changing shift patterns to provide a round-the-clock service.
"ISS had a
refreshing outlook on how to deliver the services and it challenged our
existing operational delivery and identified prime movers for the Southbank
Centre" said Ray O’Halloran, Director, Estates & Facilities Southbank Centre.
In 2014, Southbank Centre extended their contract with ISS:
"We wanted to ensure that we are utilising the 21 acres to their full potential. ISS has supported us in maintaining and servicing the space efficiently and effectively,” Ray commented.